Here goes another one of those “post to remember later” posts 🙂
If you want to add a new data store to Onapp, first obviously you need to create a new LUN at your SAN and make sure it is visible.
1. Create the data store
- Add a new datastore in the cloud control panel: Settings->Data stores->Add new data store
- After this Onapp will create a identifier for the new data store, usually is something like “onapp-[string]”. Write down this identifier you will need it.
2. Create the volume group
- Login to a hypervisor and run “iscsiadm -m node -R”
- You should have a new storage device, just do a “multipath -ll” to make sure everything is ok.
- Create a new physical volume with: “pvcreate –metadatasize 50M /dev/mapper/[the new device]”
- Now create a new volume group with : “vgcreate [data store identifier from Onapp] /dev/mapper/[the new device]” make sure you dont use the wrong device.
3. Rescan iscsi in all hypervisors
- Run “iscsiadm -m node -R” and “pvscan” in all hypervisors.
4. Add the data store
- Add the new data store to the desired hypervisor zone in Onapp. Settings->Hypervisor Zones->Click on a zone->Manage Data Stores
As usual here comes the usual disclaimer: this worked at the time i wrote this, it may not work in the future.